[ANN] Squeak/GeoMaestro available (very early beta implementation)

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Sat Jun 14 19:56:44 UTC 2003

> > beginning
> > >

> > > hem.. which sound ?
> > >

> >     Upon further investigation, I listened to the *.raw sounds and found out
> >     that 'screech' is just one of them. (not random static, sorry about
> > that  :-)
>

> actually these *.raw sounds should not be there... :(
>
> they are left-over from the STK implementation (which I forgot to include
> in the image, by the way), and moreover they were badly zipped (they should
> appear in their own /rawwaves folder). so you may just want to delete them,
> as they have nothing to do with GeoMaestro !

    Oh, if that's the case then when I drop 'ProjectionBasics1.morph' into
    Squeak then  hit 'EVALUATE' on all 3 pages.

    I heard a short segment of music, somtimes with a 'screech' at the start.

    Same phenomena when I loaded 'MGraphWorkspaceDemo.morph'
    and hit 'EVALUATE' on the only page of this book.

    BTW, (as a bonus ;-), if I this book is placed on top of 'ProjectionBasics1'
    book, you can see the connectors on 'ProjectionBasics1'.

    The same things happen when 'GraphExample1' book is put on top
    of the first 2 books, the connectors on the first book are clearly visible
    with books 2 and 3 on top. A 'screech' can also be heard when I hit
    'play'.

> ... I'm afraid this is not very professionnal (I'm in a very early beta
> stage myself).

    To be fair you already warn us that this package is not yet usable.

    The 'vision' of using Squeak/Morphic system (instead of Tcl/Tk ;-)
    as a front end to external synths and using book morphs for the
    tutorials and documentation is admirable.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.