w3.one.net

Stephan B. Wessels swessels at one.net
Sun Jun 15 23:23:16 UTC 2003

Ned has it right.

My long-time ISP was purchased by a larger company about 18 months ago.
  I'd been with the original company for 6 years.  Service had been
declining ever since the takeover.  Any of this sound familiar?  Well
they moved the web server to a new address but forgot to tell some of
their customers about the new address.  And, rather than just copy the
files from the old site over to the new one, they expected the
customers to do it themselves.  And, while they were messing around
with the servers they also dropped everyones disk space quota from 100
MB down to 5 MB.

I discovered all of this after-the-fact and only managed to get SOME of
my site back on line this weekend.

My Squeak stuff is back on line and I just adjusted SqueakMap entries
to account for the new addresses.

If something is not working, write to me.

Needless to say, I'm finding a new web host.

  - Steve

--
The truth is more important than the facts.
   - Frank Lloyd Wright