Opening a .PICT file in Squeak 3.5

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Jun 16 05:06:42 UTC 2003

On Sunday 15 June 2003 06:02 pm, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> But it _does_ exist; the top right pane has the modification date
> and the file size in bytes exactly right.

It sounds like it's not opening the file correctly. Perhaps this is
due to the various fileExists problems. As you noted, it seems to be
returning nil when the file is opened.

> I see from the comment in that method that only GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP,
> and the result of "Form storeOn: ..." are supported.  It's a pity
> that a Macintosh program cannot read a Macintosh PICT file.

I didn't know that Squeak was a Macintosh program.

But it would be great if we could read .PICT files.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com