[BUG] TransformatinMorph and translucent colors

Nathanael Schärli n.schaerli at gmx.net
Wed Jun 18 09:59:55 UTC 2003

Hi

Working on a Genie demo I have just realized that the
TransformationMorph does not seem to work properly with translucent
colors. As an example, do the following:

- Create a EllipseMorph and open it
- Change the color of the ellipse to a translucent color (e.g., "self
color: (Color red alpha: 0.5)")
- Open the halos on the EllipseMorph and rotate it.

You will see that the translucency goes away and the EllipseMorph
suddenly appears in a weird color. Also if you change the color of the
Ellipse again (e.g., to another translucent color), this does not work
properly.

Is this problem known? If not, can someone try to fix it? (I'm extremely
short on time right now and so it would be great if I didn't have to
dive into this myself).

Nathanael

PS: I'm pretty sure that this problem is caused by the
TransformationMorph the Ellipse is embedded into when rotated.