[KCP][MCP] Automatically publish and reading changesets

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Thu Jun 19 13:57:10 UTC 2003

> Could using a updateServer help:
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/486
>
> What about having
> such a server for all squeak packages like Scamper and Celeste, too.
>
> If we used Bert's subject name filter and got each package
> a seperate bugsandfixes archive so the package maintainer
> could point his/her Bugs Fixes Archive Viewer to the right
> package and go trough it's fixes and post them as updates to
> the package.
>
> Then each package could have a update stream so you could use the
> Squeak map version which is stable or bleeding edge loading
> upates for that package.

Interesting ideas, Karl!  I think it makes sense to add the "post as
update for package.." capability at some point.  Hmm...

Regarding the separate archives, actually I think that we just need
*one* archive right now.. But I'll think about it.
(It would be A Good Thing if we got
"bug-fixes-archive at lists.squeakfoundation.org" up and running, though,
so that the squeak-dev list doesn't get flooded by posts from different
project maintainers/reviewers.)

I think that, for example, the KCP and MCP groups ought to consider
posting their changesets to the archive ( instead of to the Swiki ) and
use the BugFixesArchiveViewer to post comments.

This is all making me think that the Viewer should probably have tabs,
with a separate set of filters for each tab -- so that you could switch
between "Main", "KCP", "MCP" and whatever other projects you are
following.  What do you think?