running squeak in linux

chobin mikkino at libero.it
Thu Jun 19 16:36:28 UTC 2003

patrick ha scritto:

>>Don't laugh but...I know a guy called Mark Lawrence, a
>>contractor into web stuff, design and coding and all that...two
>>

>years > ago they had a boy, Henry Thomas Mark Lawrence and it was two
>weeks
>

>>before anybody pointed out
>>that his kid was called HTML!
>>

>Hmm, perhaps if they have another son they can name him Xavier Maurice?
>
>8^)
>
>Actually, I'm one of those people who've had trouble installing Squeak
>with Linux. I actually bought the book "A Quick Trip through Object
>Land," and it has essentially no details. It actually says "You can
>figure out which file is which."
>
>I'm too tired to try again tonight, but I believe I had (after tryinhg
>source, CVS, etc) just the same problem as someone mentioned earlier:
>the furthest I got was to where inisqueak was supposed to install the
>images in ~/squeak, which I had made.
>
>Anyway, I'll be back. But if someone comes up with a Redhat rpm I'd
>wouldn't say no
>
>8^D
>
>-Pat

I've tried running squeak in linux too, and it works well.
I've Mandrake 9.1 and i just followed the istruction reported in squeak.org.
Be sure you have set correct right. It tries to install itself with root
permissions.
You have to change permissions with chmod and chown.

That's all.
Chobin

Visit now the new, first, easy squeak forum at squeakforum.too.it
or at www.silab.dsi.unimi.it/~mc592329/phpBB/