Emergency Evaluator

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Jun 20 17:10:19 UTC 2003

Oh, that was not clear from your original question. One easy solution
would be to reconfigure the user interrupt (Alt-.) to bring up the
emergency evaluator. Just change SystemDictionary>>handleUserInterrupt
to bring up the emergency evaluator. That could be controlled by a
preference. You might also bring up a tiny interface similar to the
primitiveError screen where you can choose to continue with the default
interrupt handling or drop into the emergency evaluator. Or, if you
want to get fancy, check the time since the last user interrupt, and if
it was less than a second,bring up the evaluator. Best of both worlds
:-)

There might have been a goody for this some time ago, I can't quite
remember though ...

Oh, here it is: http://swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/1802.html

-- Bert