[ANN] Testserver ImageTester Fwd: [Test-Runner Results] Squeak3.6alpha latest update: #5269

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Sat Jun 21 14:28:42 UTC 2003

Ahh, I see what you mean. Without something like this, people might
write fixes for tests without knowing that they have fixes pending
already. Though it seems to me like the link here is in the wrong
direction - the test is slow changing, a long term asset, fixes come and
go. Therefore the test code shouldn't have to change when a test is
added/included/found faulty - it'll churn the tests (and their
maintainer) without need.

Maybe what we need is a tool that leverages the BFAV (which already
knows what fixes are outstanding) to match failing tests to fixes that
claim to be relevant. So the convention would be about fixes somehow
addressing the test they're supposed to fix. Hmm, this sounds like it
could help with more automation later on...

Daniel