[ANN][WIN32] 3.5.1 VM now available

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Sun Jun 22 16:43:30 UTC 2003

Hi Andreas,

>>             BTW, the rule in the makefile seems to support my
>>             suggestion, 'sqNamedPrims.h' only depends on
>>             plugins/plugins.int (actually, it should also
>>             depend on 'Plugins.all' ;-)

> No. sqNamedPrims.h is only required for the internal plugins therefore it
> only depends on plugins.int - there is no requirement for it to depend on
> plugins.ext/all.

    Yes, you are right.

>>     3/- EXTERNAL_PLUGINS = ADPCMCodecPlugin Squeak3D [...]
>> Actually two things:
>>
>>     4/- INTERNAL_PLUGINS = AsynchFilePlugin [...]

> What are you trying to say with the above?

    Just a note to myself what can be built as external plugins and what must be
    built as internal from your 3.5.1 release  (and I am hoping that this is just
    because something is missing from the makefile ;-)

>>     5/- 'UUIDPlugin' unfortunately cannot enjoy the freedom
>> of an external plugin just because of: [...]

> Have you tried it to see if it works?

    I just run a quick SUnitTest TestRunner on your 3.5.1 (with internal UUIDPlugin)
   and MobVM Mulimedia Release with Squeak 3.5, both failed on :

        TestUUIDPrimitives>>testCreationRandom

    For MobVM, if I removed the UUIDPlugin.dll, I got 9/9, no failure. no errors
    Isn't this interesting ;-)

    BTW, I just discovered that there was a bug in SqMOM.ini for MobVM
    Multimedia release, the section [UUIDPlugin] was missing:

        [UUIDPlugin]
        FileName=UUIDPlugin.dll
        RemoteFileName=UUIDPlugin.dll.gz
        Home=SmallSqueak
        Mirrors=Home2, Home3
        ;; 0: Default ; Never ; 1: Ask ; 2: ; 3: Always
        Update=0

> Since I'm initializing COM these days directly from the main VM
> I know this is going to work if it's builtin and the above was a reflection on the fact
> (e.g., a deliberate decision as I wasn't sure if that's going to work or not).

    How did you test to know that it works ?

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.