[ENH] NewLook (aka Diego's Look)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Jun 23 23:44:53 UTC 2003

Tim,

Just out of curiosity - are you certain it's the fonts that hurt you most?
Diego's look enhancements contain a significant amount of gradients and
those can be pretty expensive too. Another thing to try for you - see if
building a VM which does not dither improves matters significantly. If it
does, we should consider a combination rule which doesn't dither and use
this for the fonts (I think they look similarly good without it).

Cheers,
  - Andreas