Bitstream Vera Fonts

Jim.Gettys at hp.com Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Tue Jun 24 10:50:05 UTC 2003

Yes, you can redistribute Vera freely.

If you modify them, please let us know.  The license requires you change
their name if you do so; but similarly, we have a contract with Bitstream
to get changes upstream to the fonts (so long as the quality is maintained).
They (and us, the Gnome foundation) must approve any changes to the fonts if
they retain the Bitstream name.

I don't understand the message you are getting....  This hasn't been true
to my knowledge from anyone else using the fonts (at this point, they
are in widespread use, both using Xft rendering technology and other
rendering technology (e.g. OpenOffice, which uses Freetype, but not the
other stuff that Xft does).
                            - Jim

--
Jim Gettys