[KCP] Thoughts on adding system changes and refactoring ChangeSet

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Tue Jun 24 13:34:48 UTC 2003

Roel, this is great!  I think you are right on in your evaluation of the
problem: there are certain notifications you just can't get, and many of
the others are inconsistent in how you get them, etc.

DVS/MC use it as well to notice when packages have been modified.  But
right now there are certain changes that it cannot detect  (can't
remember which off the top of my head... I think recategorizing a
method, for example).

Anyway, I think this is an idea that will have a huge benefit for
squeak... I hope others will agree.

Julian