[ENH] NewLook (aka Diego's Look)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Jun 25 00:41:22 UTC 2003

> > Another thing to try for you - see if
> > building a VM which does not dither improves matters significantly.
> Sure; where do I look to do that? Somewhere in BitBltSimulation I
> presume but if you care to point me precisely I'll try it.

Check the senders of #dither32To16:threshold:. Simply remove the call and
see what happens.

[BTW, I just looked at this method and I really didn't remember it so
totally optimized. Having seen it now I don't think that this will make a
significant difference - I remembered some ugly arithmetic being done but
there's none].

Cheers,
  - Andreas