[ANN] Bitstream Vera TrueType Fonts on SM

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Jun 25 14:56:28 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 24 June 2003 07:18 pm, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> Nice work, but it would be a whole lot nicer if it gathered
> appropriate fonts together to make sensible styles rather than just
> dumping each font into a separate one. Aren't supposed to be able
> to get bold and italic and underlined etc out of out textstyles?
> Now we can handle the basic fonts, let's have some meaningful
> styles!

What do you mean? Under 'BitstreamVeraSans' I have regular, bold,
italic, and bold italic, and they all work OK for me.

((TextStyle named: 'BitstreamVeraSans') fontOfSize: 12)
derivativeFonts withIndexCollect:
[:f :i | i -> (f ifNotNil: [ f ttcDescription fullName ])]

#(1->'Bitstream Vera Sans Bold' 2->'Bitstream Vera Sans Oblique'
3->'Bitstream Vera Sans Bold Oblique' 4->nil)

I don't think TTCFonts know how to make underlined and struck out
variants yet.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com