Last chance to get TT or NewLook into 3.6! (Re: [Squeakfoundation]Shepherding large enhancements)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Wed Jun 25 16:43:25 UTC 2003

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> Personally I think it is very important that the community stands behind
> the release
Agreed. Unfortunately, people aren't voting with their reviews...

> - and there *really* has been pressure about at least
> TrueType and Diego's stuff so I think we should try our utmost to
> accomodate that. I really do.
I think it's completely useless to move dates back unless we have
commitments to reviews in the time mentioned. So let's try again.
- We currently dont have a reviewer for NewLook.
- Yoshiki declared the recent TT code beta and also "needs a review".

Does anyone offer to review NewLook or TT by june 2? Otherwise, I think
we should enter beta this friday, the 27th, without them.

Tim said he's look at the simulator fixes, but we don't know when.
OTOH, they're fixes, so beta is a good time to have them.

> > 7 TrueTypeTextStyle
No. I don't know if the process is a bitch, but correcting
misconceptions about it sure is. Maybe if we were using the tool we made
to make this easier, it actually would be ;-) The most recent on TTTS
front is that Yoshiki posted a new beta version (not for release) on an
SqF thread. This doesn't appear on BFAV, of course.

> The replacing of the fonts hasn't been much discussed so I assume it
> could be postponed.
Doug's handling that.

Daniel