[ANN] Jabber

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Wed Jun 25 19:37:00 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 03:12:15PM -0400, Stephen Pair wrote:
> Very nice!  Works like a charm...I tested it with my AIM account (using
> a Jabber server AIM gateway)...now all we need is a Jabber server (or
> did you do that too?).

The server does not need to be written in Squeak... why not use
http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/ ?
I really can't think of anything gained from having the server
been reimplemented in Squeak. Squeak happily uses e.g  DNS servers
that are not written in Squeak.

We should have our own server, for "nice" JIDs. I'd like
to have marcus at squeak.org ;-)

(if anyone lifes behind a firewall: amessage.de runs a jabber
server on port 443... proxy support is pretty young in the jabber
world, and lots of clients don't implement it. I havn't checked
Michael's Squeak client, though..)

   Marcus (MarcusDenker at amessage.de on Jabber)

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de