Squeak Audion on Solaris

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Jun 25 21:52:04 UTC 2003

This is from
Squeak-3.4-1/platforms/unix/plugins/SoundPlugin/sqUnixSound.c:

  * NOTE: The real sound support code is in one of the following files
according
  *       to the output driver selected by `configure':
  *
  *         sqUnixSoundOSS.c     (Open Sound System [incl. Linux native
& ALSA compat])
  *         sqUnixSoundNAS.c     (Network Audio System)
  *         sqUnixSoundSun.c     (SunOS/Solaris)
  *         sqUnixSoundNone.c    (no sound support)

This is why I think Solaris sound should be supported. I don't actually
use a SUN myself nowadays. I also do not know what sound config the
binary at Ian's site is using. So compiling your own might be better,
indeed.

-- Bert