fun foreign squeak items of interest

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Thu Jun 26 05:49:03 UTC 2003

  Hello,

> A Squeak implementation of the game "Bomberman". Found
> in Slovakia:
>
> http://object.dcs.fmph.uniba.sk/Smalltalk/26

  Sounds interesting.  But I can't get to the site for some reason.

> A short Quicktime video of a Japanese Squeaker
> demonstrating an interesting "sketching"
> implementation that at least _I've_ never seen:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/sumi/index.htm
>
> The full video (longer than the one on the page) is
> here:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/sumi/gfort_squeaking[vp3].mov

  Well, this is something I know of.  Sumi-san has one of the most
comprehensive web site (a Wiki site) on Squeak at
"http://squab.no-ip.com:8080/".

  If you're willing to see how much attention Squeak and Alan get in
Japan, take a look at "Dr. Alan Kay and/or Squeak in media" page:

http://squab.no-ip.com:8080/collab/18

  There are more than one hundred of links to the published, online
and TV program about Squeak and Alan.

> And since some people get a kick out of Engrish, for
> entertainment purposes, I post a few Babelfish
> translations of Squeak interest:

  I don't like to see the word "Engrish"...

-- Yoshiki