[BUG]JabberClient(Object)>>halt

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Thu Jun 26 08:16:36 UTC 2003

The problem is that Comanche includes a class called SocketStream.
There wasn't one in the image before the network rewrite. So filing it
into the image corrupts Michael's version.

I've done some work to adapt Comanche to the new networking classes,
but it's not trivial. Comanche jumps through a lot of hoops to be
robust despite... oddities... in the old networking code.

Colin

Michael Rueger wrote:

>> Socket>>getDataQuicker
>> SocketStream>>pvtGetData
>> SocketStream>>next
>>
>> It looks like you are not using the SocketStream from the network
>> rewrite. You need to use an image (like the current 3.6) that has the
>> network rewrite installed.
>>
>> One of the things that need to be done though is to consolidate
>> packages like Comanche to run on top of the current image version,
>> adapting it to the changes in SocketStream etc.

Brian Brown: