[FIX] TTCFontFixes-nk ( [er][et] )

ned at bike-nomad.com ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Jun 26 13:41:55 UTC 2003

We still need someone else to glance at these changes I made. This is a
cumulative package that includes the original package and fixes.

There were several problems that I found having to do with updating an
image that had an earlier version of this code installed. First,
existing fonts would have their pixelSize instance variable destroyed
and replaced with a pointSize variable. However, that new variable would
be nil, so subsequent uses of the fonts would result in walkbacks. I
added a preamble to the CS to convert old instances. And I added a
conversion method for reading these in from disk as part of a project.
Note, however, that new versions of the TTCFont instances won't properly
file in to older images.

Likewise, I added a conversion method for CanvasCharacterScanner, but we
shouldn't see any of these in projects.

I added a command decoder to CanvasDecoder to get rid of a big
equality/conditional sequence.

I made the decoding of family names more robust to deal with the fact
that some fonts call themselves 'Bold Italic' and others 'BoldItalic'.

< I'm a bug-fixing machine! >

This post brought to you by the BugFixArchiveViewer, a handy tool that
makes it easy to comment on proposed fixes and enhancements for Squeak.
For more information, check out the Web page for the BugFixArchiveViewer
project: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3214

< I'm a bug-fixing machine! >