[ANN] Bitstream Vera Fonts with TTCFontFixes

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Jun 26 15:07:16 UTC 2003

We are happy with them :-)

Although, Squeakers like to have arrows in their fonts, at least for
left arrow (used for assignment) and up arrow (for return). That would
be unicode 2190 and 2191. Any chance of adding these?

But you are right, subpixel rendering would be sweet. I don't think we
have a BitBlt rule for per-component alpha yet, though. Should be a fun
little project: make the alphas come from the source form, and blend
with the constant color (halftoneForm).

Anyone looking for getting famous in the 3.7 release? Sub-pixel font
smoothing would be great!
[From another thread] I vote for each Squeak release being more sexy
than ever :-)

-- Bert