FilingOut class variable data?

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Thu Jun 26 18:35:12 UTC 2003

I have created some classes which have some simple collections for Class
variable data.

Example:
(Forgive me and correct me if I'm not representing Classes, variables,
etc. correctly for email)

Class>>Book
Book Class variables>> Title, Author, NumberChapters, ...

Class>>Books
Books Class variables>> Catalog (Collection of Book instances)

These are small simple Classes I am using to create and manipulate some
objects. They contain data I added via some FillInTheBlank morphs.

I use two computers daily, work and home. The work computer has the
populated objects. I have filed out the Classes but they only contain
the methods and no Class variable data.

Will I need to write methods to serialize my data to a file and then
read it back in, in order to have this data available to both machines?
I tried flattenOnStream once but haven't been successful yet. Also
didn't see anything to reconstitute the flattened stream.

Or am I missing something simple?

Thanks for any wisdom. :)

Jimmie Houchin