Jon Udell's observation on a weakness of Open Source projects

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jun 27 01:25:49 UTC 2003

Hi Darius,

Thanks for sharing. These are worthwhile thoughts to consider in the context
of open source projects in general. Of course I don't have a concise answer
to the questions posed but a tad more "user" vs. "developer" orientation is
(I think) very helpful for any open source project. This is actually one of
the reasons why I really like Squeakland - it keeps you honest in the face
of truly naive users who don't know anything about why things are as
weird/complex/irritating as they sometimes seem to be.

Again, thanks for sharing this interesting memo,
  - Andreas