[BUG]DVS breaks FileContentsBrowser diffing

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Jun 27 14:49:33 UTC 2003

On Friday 27 June 2003 08:04 am, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> Looking from the outside in, with the usual caveats that implies, I
> wonder whether you would'nt be done about as fast and be doing more
> fun and widely usable work if you focused on dumping the CVS
> dependency instead of trying to loosen Squeak up enough that it
> will swallow this frog....

There isn't really a CVS dependency.

The problem is this: we're dealing with source code. If we want to be
able to use other tools that deal with text (including CVS, but also
grep, diff, editors, etc.), we need to be compatible with those
tools' expectations for the format of text lines.

In my opinion, the pain of requiring special tools to deal with source
code exceeds the gain of ignoring line endings.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com