[BUG]DVS breaks FileContentsBrowser diffing

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Jun 27 17:32:38 UTC 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Ned Konz wrote:

> That won't work. CrLfFileStream doesn't work right with some of the
> error cases we've seen, and has been the source of some of the broken
> files that have been checked in. Specifically, if your line endings
> are anything but #Cr, #CrLf, or #Lf you'll end up with trash.
>
> What does it do with <CR><CR><LF> (which is what you get if you're on
> a Windows client and you checkout old DVS or Monticello files that
> were checked into CVS on a Unix box)?
>
> What's wrong with the withSqueakLineEndings code that I put in?

Maybe nothing.  I was more worried about getting the output right than the
input, for now (you can always do a one-time cleanup of what you are
trying to filein, as long as it outputs something sensible from then on).
This stuff is now encapsulated in MCFile; I can add some more perverse
test cases, and maybe change it to use #withSqueakLineEndings if that
passes them.