[BUG]DVS breaks FileContentsBrowser diffing

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Jun 27 20:05:54 UTC 2003

On Friday 27 June 2003 12:55 pm, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> Ned Konz wrote:
> [...]
>
> > * make Squeak more robust loading files. I'd vote for this one.
> > There's no reason why we can't translate any of:
> >
> > 	CR
> > 	CRLF
> > 	CRCRLF
> > 	CRLFLF
> >
> > into a single native CR on file-in.
>
> [...]
>
> Hrm... what makes the last few a single CR by definition instead of
> two CR's ?  But I agree that getting something consistent out of it
> would be good in one way or another.

Because the last two are not valid, and are the result of breaking the
files with older bugs. They started out as single line endings and
were broken. They should be read in as single line endings.

There have already been such broken files checked into the aubergines
CVS.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com