release prioritization

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sat Mar 1 00:58:59 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> [Status - everyone should know where each release stands. Could be
> solved with a bug/issue DB]
> You're right. We need such a tool, but - we need more urgently a fix
> tracking tool, to make sure we don't lose work that people submit -
> fixes are higher priority than bugs, because people become more upset
> when you lose their changesets than when you ignore their bugs.
>
> We're planning to make such a tool, but we haven't made much progress in
> that, either. We could really use some help from the community with
> either of them.

I put together a swiki page awhile ago (which I just updated a bit) with some
initial thoughts on how such a tool might work:

http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/86

Feel free to add comments at the end of the page.  I'm planning to start
working on this as soon as 3.4 is released, but if anyone else is interested
in helping out with this, that would be great.

- Doug Way