SUnit Test Failure on fresh Image - Win32

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sun Mar 2 04:28:16 UTC 2003

On Saturday, March 1, 2003, at 04:33 PM, Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
>> Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch> wrote:
>>
>>>  For this reason Tim Rowledge wants to remove the SUnit
>>> tests to lower the visibility in the final release (you will then
>>> have
>>> to load SUnit and the tests from SqueakMap to do the tests).
>> Don't be so damned insulting.
>>
>> Not to mention wrong.
>>
>> tim
>
> You just said that you want to remove the SUnit stuff. This led me to
> the conclusion.
> If you are going to fix - ok then - fine!

I think Tim's response about removing SUnit was referring to the future
plan to modularize the image by splitting out things into packages,
including SUnit.  (Which answered your question, but perhaps not
*directly*... :-) )

As far as the current failing SUnit tests go, there was some discussion
following the message I posted (that Hannes includes).  Basically, the
remaining failing tests are all VM or platform-related, and will take
some time to fix, so unfortunately they had to wait 'til 3.5.

- Doug Way