[TEST] 11 tests with MetaClass (pass in 3.4gammaOne)

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Sun Mar 2 20:56:16 UTC 2003

Marcus Denker <marcus at ira.uka.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I propose a new official tag for use with squeak-dev: [TEST]
>
> A mail with [TEST] should contain one ore more tests written
> using SUnit.
>
> [BUG][TEST]      --> That's the way to do a *realy* nice bugreport.
> [BUG][FIX][TEST] --> even better ;-)
>
> All tests that are sent to the list will be included in the
> BaseImage-test package on SqueakMap after review.
>
> For a nice introduction to Sunit, see
>
> http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/WebPages/Programmez/OnTheWeb/Eng-Art8-SUnit-V1.pdf
>
>         Marcus
>
> --
> Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de

Marcus
Great that you come up with a solution for an update stream for tests!

Here is my first contribution. 11 basic tests about MetaClasses. They
all pass in 3.4gammaOne.
If one of them (besides perhaps test06bClassDescriptionAllSubInstances)
would break it would be really severe. So the main purpose is probably
to serve as illustration / documentation as Stephane Ducasse was
suggesting in a mail of 6-Feb-03.

They are based on chapter 16 of the purple book (protocol for classes).

-- Hannes

P.S. Sorry for openly answering Yoshiki O