Visibility of progress (was: Re: [ANN] BaseImage Tests on SqueakMap)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Sun Mar 2 23:04:29 UTC 2003

Hey Marcus, that's wonderful.

I was wondering about something and maybe someone can help with this.

I think it could greatly help if we had a machine that did various
things with code every so often, and submitted mail reports on the
results.
For example, take a clean image, load in SmallLint, load latest updates
and then -
 - Run SLint it on the whole image
 - Run all tests (including those in your package)
 - Run a few more scripts I can provide depending on Spaghetti Tracer to
let us know how much "spaghetti" still remains in the image.
And then create an XML report. It should do this for every update
loaded, so people can see what updates solved problems, what updates
created problems, and so forth

The reports should be available on the net, and also could be sent to
the mailing list every week.

Daniel