[ANN] new tag: [TEST]

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Mar 3 10:46:01 UTC 2003

***ABSOLUTELY GREAT***

> http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/WebPages/Programmez/OnTheWeb/Eng-
> Art8-SUnit-V1.pdf

Note that there are missing part in the tutorial, if someone wants I
can dive in my files and provide a rtf version of the document the
following questions have to be addressed.

Stef,

Here are my comments on the SUnit tutorial (as an email so we don't
lose them).

Basically the tutorial is fine, but there are some fundamental
questions I could not find the answer to.

- Must I subclass TestCase?  In JUnit I can build a TestSuite from an
arbitrary class containing test* methods.
- How do I build a TestSUite in SUnit?  Is the same possible? On the
same track, how do I run all the tests  in a TestCase subclass?  How do
I turn all the test* methods into a TestSuite?
- How do I get my test cases/suites into the TestRunner tool?
- What exactly is the calling sequence for a typical test suite run
scenario?  A sequence diagram would help.  (Seems to be slightly
different than the JUnit calling sequence.)

- A short bullet list of hints on how to write and organize tests would
nicely round out the paper:
   - what to test? (all public methods? scenarios?)
   - what should be the granularity of a test case?
   - how to organize classes and tests within a category? (one TestCase
class per class?)

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch)
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/