About true and false creation

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Mon Mar 3 12:07:21 UTC 2003

Hi Stephane,

nil, true and false are stored while writing an image.
true and false are part of "specialObjects" known by the VM asn
 all the objects returned by evaluating the expression:
    Smalltalk specialObjectsArray
The SystemTracer>>#writeImage: method show how the
 special objects are traced while generating an image file.
All the objects registered as "specialObjects" must be
 present in an image if they are used by the system
 (e.g. referenced by a primitive).

You can think as nil, true and false as always "be there",
 as created during the bigBang of your image.

cheers,
Ale.