Storage

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Mar 3 12:51:23 UTC 2003

Chad Nantais <chad at whistler.com> wrote:
> I am building a system from the ground-up and would like to stick to
> Squeak as much as possible to implement the system.  The system will
> eventually generate hundreds of thousands of instances and I will need
> quick, query-based access to these instances.  How far can I go with
> using a Squeak image for storage before I need to use some form of
> external storage like Relational or Object DBs?

Well, others have written about RAM limits etc. Just wanted to mention
Magma, but I assume you have seen it. I haven't used it myself yet but
aim to. Since it does include "large" collection classes it should give
you some form of scalable access.

http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/packagebyname/magma

regards, Göran