[fix] 'file:/etc/profile' asUrl retrieveContents

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Mar 3 22:23:07 UTC 2003

On Monday 03 March 2003 01:20 pm, Niko Schwarz wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 19. Februar 2003 12:50 schrieb Niko Schwarz:
> > 'file:/etc/profile' asUrl retrieveContents fails on unix, because
> > it is converted into a relative filename during fetching. I wrote
> > a fix which hopefully works on windows too.
> > Please take a look, regards,
>
> Are you going to ignore this posting? If so, why?
> I see that my fix probably won't work for windows, but you could at
> least give some kind of feedback.

We've been busy with getting 3.4 out, sorry...

However, the fix won't work on Mac, and I'm not sure what the
situation is on the Acorn.

Also, how would Windows and Mac paths with volume names map to
FileURLs? Is there a standard for this?

Also, a relative FileURL doesn't make much sense unless you know what
it's relative to...

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com