[Q] CMS/Swiki development

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Tue Mar 4 18:06:46 UTC 2003

Chris,

This is a pretty complex question, I think the really defining part is how
much time you're willing to spend on the project is the deciding factor.

>From a common sense viewpoint, and a little bit of experience, I can tell
you that if you aren't going to be using the Swiki functionality directly it
doesn't make much sense to use Swiki as your code base. I can also tell you
that placing Squeak code directly in your pages is a pretty brave move;
you've exposed the entire server to the clients.  One rogue infinite loop
submitted by a client will make your server slightly less responsive.

Just a comment on your point: "pages sit in a tree (swiki has a graph
structure)". That part might be challenging.

Jim

BTW, I think you came would be happier with Zope than SWiki from what you're
describing.