BlockContext serialization

Anthony Hannan ajhannan at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 22:19:20 UTC 2003

Stephane Rollandin <hepta at zogotounga.net> wrote:
> >Aren't Anthony's blocks capable of being serialized?

Yes.

> it seems that they are not. After installing the Closure Compiler,
> I get the same error, from there (in BlockContext):

Only NEW methods are effected by the closure compiler installation, existing
block contexts still exist.  To recompile all methods under the closure
compiler execute "Smalltalk recompileAll" (make sure the closure compiler
preference is set).  Note, you need the closure primitives installed in the VM,
otherwise the conversion and image becomes unusably slow.

Cheers,
Anthony

P.S.  A new version of the closure compiler that use SmaCC and the RB AST
should be available next week.