[TESTS] BaseImage Tests updated

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Tue Mar 4 22:51:10 UTC 2003

Marcus Denker <marcus at ira.uka.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The BaseImage Tests on SqueakMap have been updated.
>
> Changes:
>
>          -> DVS FileIn
>          -> added Hannes' BCCM Tests
>          -> added all the old tests from the Image
>
> This now requires to file in the "BaseImage-Tests Removal" first.
>
> Because of DVS the package uses system-categories of the form
> "Tests-Original-categorie" (e.g. Tests-Kernel-Objects).
>
> This breaks the Browser-Unit-Test-Support Package, which needs
> to be fixed.
>
> Together with Sunit-3.1, we now have 140 tests....

Not yet 14'000 as Goran said would be cool but we are on the way!
Thank you Marcus! To all: Please send in tests - very simple
ones, complex ones - we need all kinds of tests! Send in questions
in the form of a test if you don't know something, answer the
question with test cases, the possibilities are endless.

Just add [TEST] in the title of the mail and attach a change set.
Just one subclass of #TestCase with 5..7 tests is already an excellent
contribution.
If thirty people send in 5 test cases in the next seven days we have
an increase of 100% in the number of test cases. There is no other
easy chance to get such a performance boost.

Another plug: Look at the goodie Romain Robbes did
http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/653c5492-1126-47ce-9bc3-6088
e63c6888
It adds a test button to every class browser. Just click on the 'test'
button and you
are in a subclass of #TestCase which corresponds to the class you are
working on.

Happy testing!

-- Hannes