[TESTS] BaseImage Tests updated

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Tue Mar 4 23:09:16 UTC 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:51:10PM +0100, Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> Not yet 14'000 as Goran said would be cool but we are on the way!
Yep.

There is a small TODO - List at:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3076

> Just add [TEST] in the title of the mail and attach a change set.
> Just one subclass of #TestCase with 5..7 tests is already an excellent
> contribution.

Here are some Guidlines for tests:

 -> Make a paralles Systemcategory to the one were the class is in
    that you are testing. Call this Tests-<OriginalCategory>
    (This makes it very simple to manage the tests with DVS)
 -> Naming. If you test a single class  (e.g. Integer), name the
    testclass "IntegerTest"
    It would be nice to group the test-method according to the
    method-categoies of the tested class. e.g. "testing-accessing"
    Tests that cover more then singel methods should be in "testing"
    If you want to test complex stuff not related to one single class,
    invent a cool name. (e.g. BCCMTest for the Behaviour-ClassDescription-
    Class-Methaclass stuff).

> Another plug: Look at the goodie Romain Robbes did
> http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/653c5492-1126-47ce-9bc3-6088
> e63c6888
> It adds a test button to every class browser. Just click on the 'test'
> button and you
> are in a subclass of #TestCase which corresponds to the class you are
> working on.

Yes, this is very nice.

BUT: It creates System-Categories <ORIG>-Tests. So please rename this
to Tests-<Orig> (for DVS) before submitting. This needs to be fixed...

     Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de