ClassBuilder fix, SqueakMap, and releasing 3.4

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Mar 6 09:19:02 UTC 2003

Hi SCG and all!

Alexandre Bergel <bergel at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> > Software Composition Group guys, does one of you want to be the
> > maintainer?
>
> The SCG group in Bern proposes to the community to be maintainer of
> this set of classes. As direct responsible, I propose myself (Alexandre
> Bergel).

Just one little nice thing (I think all this sounds great, I will hold
all my thoughts on how these "stewardships" can/should work for a
while):

I think we should register this as a package on SM. Most of you probably
say "What?!" but the ideas is simple - a package on SM doesn't need to
have something downloadable - it actually just needs a homepage! And
since it is a piece of Squeak that you are indeed maintaining - it *is*
a package - just not yet a downloadable one.

So my proposal is that Alexandre registers a package for this (with a
suitable name, like "Squeak kernel" or something), puts himself as the
maintainer, throws in a short description of what this means and perhaps
a list of classes that form the package, adds the suitable homepage etc.

Then, just to make things more interesting - I should probably add a
Category (or a few) for classifying packages as "Squeak core", as this
one should be.

I see that the "Package grouping" thread has also taken off, haven't
read that yet.

Anyway, what do you say? And a package can always be removed.

regards, Göran