Marketing Squeak / Squeak in a Nutshell

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Mar 6 22:59:44 UTC 2003

Brent Vukmer <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote:
> I was thinking...  Maybe instead of convincing O'Reilly to create a (paper) book, we should work to convince them to post an article on their website. Also maybe get Instapundit or Scripting.com to give us a mention.
That sounds like a good idea. But AFAIK, they don't create the article -
you do, they publish. Right?

> Two things that probably ought to be done first:
> -- build and thoroughly test the Magic Book of Squeak documentation/tutorials
> -- more testing on with the "relief" (http://netjam.org/relief) and "Squat" (http://netjam.org/squat) projects
These conditions are a little vague, and I wouldn't wait for the magic
book for anything - that's a long term project. What do you think are
the *minimal* requirements we don't have for such an article to have a
good effect?

Daniel