ClassBuilder fix, SqueakMap, and releasing 3.4

Roel Wuyts roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Mar 7 08:25:18 UTC 2003

On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 10:19 AM, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
wrote:

> Hi SCG and all!
>
> Alexandre Bergel <bergel at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
>>> Software Composition Group guys, does one of you want to be the
>>> maintainer?
>>
>> The SCG group in Bern proposes to the community to be maintainer of
>> this set of classes. As direct responsible, I propose myself
>> (Alexandre
>> Bergel).
>
> Just one little nice thing (I think all this sounds great, I will hold
> all my thoughts on how these "stewardships" can/should work for a
> while):

We'll see how it all works out :-)

> I think we should register this as a package on SM. Most of you
> probably
> say "What?!" but the ideas is simple - a package on SM doesn't need to
> have something downloadable - it actually just needs a homepage! And
> since it is a piece of Squeak that you are indeed maintaining - it *is*
> a package - just not yet a downloadable one.
>
> So my proposal is that Alexandre registers a package for this (with a
> suitable name, like "Squeak kernel" or something), puts himself as the
> maintainer, throws in a short description of what this means and
> perhaps
> a list of classes that form the package, adds the suitable homepage
> etc.

Yes, good idea. It should be visible what is going on to everybody. And
Squeakmap is the real visible thing.

> Then, just to make things more interesting - I should probably add a
> Category (or a few) for classifying packages as "Squeak core", as this
> one should be.
>
> I see that the "Package grouping" thread has also taken off, haven't
> read that yet.
>
> Anyway, what do you say? And a package can always be removed.
>
> regards, Göran

Roel Wuyts                                                   Software
Composition Group
roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch                       University of Bern,
Switzerland
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~wuyts/