[DOCS] Swiki as a reference manual?

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Fri Mar 7 19:17:54 UTC 2003

Brent Vukmer wrote:

> I like Andreas's idea A LOT.

    Me too.

> A couple of thoughts:

    Mine too :-)

-- When we say something should be in Squeak,
    it doesn't have to be literally in the image.
    It should be OK as long as one can access it
    from within Squeak.

-- As Andreas already pointed out, this way would
    tremendously help any efforts to correct, add,
    update the class documentation, which has been
    sorely needed, independent of release cycle.

> --Caching locally is definitely needed, so that
>    people can look at comments off-line.
> --The comments pane would have a
>  "get latest comments version from the Swiki" button.

    Good ideas.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.