Collection-Graphs ? (Graph-MathMorph, Connector, Arrow, T-Gen...)

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Mar 8 22:38:16 UTC 2003

Nevermind, I had a closer look and realized that the Dijkstra class is not
finished.

I missed this thread back in December, but I'm working on a graph
package too.  I'm basing the algorithms on the approach used by the
Boost graph library (www.boost.org), as well as on the paper
"Object-Oriented Design of Graph Oriented Data Structures" by Pizzonia
and Battista.  This allows customization of standard algorithms to
specific applications.

For example, the paper "Controlled Animation of Video Sprites" by
Shodl and Essa uses Dijkstra's algorithm to repeatedly search for the
k closest video frames (treated as graph nodes) out of a large video
database.  Most library implementations of Dijkstra's algorithm don't
allow you to exit early, and thus spend time finding the shortest path
to all of the nodes instead of the k closest.  With Pizzonia's
approach, you can quit when a certain number of nodes are checked, when
the next-shortest path exceeds a threshold length, or whatever.

I'm planning to do the minimum amount of work required to support my
research, but if others are interested on working on a common codebase
(not necessarily based on mine, which is pre-alpha), then I'm game.

Joshua