Proposal to get to the triad

Andrew Berg andrew_c_berg at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 23:06:53 UTC 2003

On Sat, 08 Mar 2003 21:24:05 +0100, Stéphane Rollandin
<hepta at zogotounga.net> wrote:

> IMHO, if you consider Squeak as an environment for multimedia
> development, it is indeed basic. It all depends on which level you expect
> end-users to program. Personally I was very impressed by the areas
> covered in the "basic" image (audio+MIDI, 3D stuff, internet, eToys), and
> it gave me a strong incentive for digging further into squeak.

Maybe we should consider expanding out to a 'quadrad' (what is congruent
with triad, but has four?) of images, and make a Cadillac something like
http://freshmeat.net/projects/folk.  Someone who is better at bad squeak
puns than I could come up with a catchy name for it, I'd just call it the
'demo image'.  Its main characteristic would be that it has everything from
SqueakMap with a Beta or higher rank.

When that image (in bzip2 form) hits maybe 100MB download, maybe switch to
only stuff with "Stable" or higher.

-andrew

andrew_c_berg at yahoo.com