Better names than core and base (was Re: Proposal to get to the triad)

Alan Ferguson jit at memeticdrift.net
Sun Mar 9 17:35:59 UTC 2003

Mark A. Schwenk wrote:

> Perhaps surrounding the core would be the shell.
> Or husk.
>
> It does seem that the loaded image is rather husky.

The center of a kernel of wheat or corn that grows into an
adult plant is the germ. That may be an ok name for a minimal
image.  Spore is a possibility too, but that doesn't fit so
well with kernel. Biology should be a rich source for names
but I'm drawing a blank when it comes to finding three that
fit and are constant and don't have unwanted connotations.