[Newbie] Changesets for Direct Manipulation?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Mar 9 19:14:42 UTC 2003

On Sunday 09 March 2003 08:36 am, Christian Hofer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> having broken my project somehow, I was forced to experiment with
> change sets for the first time. Though I only used most basic
> functions, it was really helpful.
>
> Now, is there something like that for "direct manipulation" as
> well? Can I somehow undo any changes I made while dragging and
> dropping my world together? I imagine that this is not that easy to
> implement. Has to work somehow like a Capture&Replay tool used in
> GUI testing... But i think it would be really important to make
> "direct manipulation" usable.

There is support for (potentially unlimited) undo. However, there are
many actions that are possible that have no undo yet.

You can undo things like move and delete, as I recall. Actually,
here's the list of direct manipulation commands that can be undone:

Border width change
color change
set background to a picture
resize from halo