Proposal to get to the triad; agree with Cees

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Mon Mar 10 14:59:30 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 13:26, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
> As Goran points out some additional ideas to include VM alternatives
> might be very helpful (Anthonys VM, PhiHo Hoang)

In XP terms, I like to see them as 'spikes'. Someone has a neat idea or
an itch to scratch, forks off, and implements a VM enhancements.
However, for most of these, I think that the final goal should be to
review these ideas and fold them back into the mainstream (either the
differences 'as-is', or similar functionality implemented in a way that
the community finds acceptable and will still scratch the itch).

Because of this and because I think it is eminently important to prevent
VM-level forks I would propose to keep 'friction' as high as possible
and therefore ignore VM forks in categorizing, naming, process
descriptions, etcetera.