Article about "The Post-OOP Paradigm"

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Mon Mar 10 15:03:19 UTC 2003

"Doug Mair" <dmair at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> Interesting article.  Talks about the history and the current state of
> programming.  I'd never heard of Aspect-Oriented Programming (AOP) before
> this article.  The article definitely talks about some of the issues of
> multiple inheritance.
>
> Smalltalk and Alan Kay are mentioned in the OOP section.
>
> http://www.sigmaxi.org/amsci/Issues/Comsci03/03-03Hayes.html
>

> Thanks,
> Doug Mair

There is a nice implementation in Squeak called AspectS
done by Robert Hirschfeld
http://www.prakinf.tu-ilmenau.de/~hirsch/Projects/Squeak/AspectS/

It comes with good documentation which gets you quickly up to speed
if you want to know more about aspect oriented programming.
(examples included)

It was used for example by Jim Benson in his Zurgle project
(graphical user interface)
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2949

-- Hannes Hirzel

P.S. I didn't read the article you cite, but I wonder what is "post" in
the "Post-OOP paradigm"