Proposal to get to the triad

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Mar 11 07:03:10 UTC 2003

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
> goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
>
> > > whether ImageSegments are to be supported in the future or not (are they
> > > still of any use after the image is super-condensed and packages can be
> > > added?)
> >
> > Eh, well I use ImageSegments as a very good and simple object storage
> > mechanism.
> Hmm, ok, I suspect that migh5 be quite widely true. Why would I worry

migh5?

> about the matter? Only that there are places in the vm code that would
> be a little simpler if we dropped it. Not a huge amount simpler but it's
> always good to simplify when possible.

True but ImageSegments are damn nice. They are very fast, very reliable
and well, simply great. I use them as a trememendously simple way of
persisting an object. In my app the HomepageBuilder the code for
persistence is like 20 lines. Period. Its "poor man's" OODB.

Btw, I assume you *are* aware of the fact that ImageSegments form the
basis of project files, right?

Btw2, what parts of the VM do they "disturb"? The GC?

regards, Göran