Celeste spamfilter is great!

Tim Olson tim at io.com
Tue Mar 11 14:38:14 UTC 2003

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
| I just wanted to say THANKS to Tim Olson who wrote the spam filter for
| Celeste based on the Bayesian filtering technique described in:
| http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html
|
| Celeste had it before Mozilla did (they just added it)!

Glad you like it!  That's the great thing about having Celeste in
Squeak; it is quite easy to hook things like this into the right place.
For example, many spammers are now trying to evade filters by sending
content as Base-64 encoded text.  But since the Celeste spam filter
works on text tokens *after* they have been processed through any MIME
decoders, it catches these, as well.

	-- tim